Monday 22 February 2016

Quick and easy low calorie 'garlic pitta bread'

So tonight I had planned to have Tuna Pasta Salad for my dinner, everytime I have this I always enjoy it with garlic bread. On the bus home from work I normally check the tesco app and calories of the items I want to purchase. Upon checking the garlic bread calories no matter what kind I looked at from slices, ciabatta, baguettes and even the low fat garlic bread they all came to around 140-180 calories per ONE slice. I was totally shocked. I couldn't just not have my delicious tuna pasta with garlic bread and I can't have just one slice! So I thought to myself what could I do? I then thought I'll do it at home using my weight watchers pitta breads! I then looked at the calories on garlic butter in tesco, well that was a big fat no! 85 calories for 20g? No thanks. Then I had the best idea! 


Ingredients;
1 Weight Watchers Pitta Bread (109 Calories)
10g of Flora Light (28 calories)
5g of Lazy Garlic (5 Calories)

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Put 10g of flora into a small ramekin, I then added the 5g of garlic then mixed together. You then take your pitta bread and spread the margarine/garlic mix on top of the pitta and evenly spread it. Pop the pitta bread on the wire rack of your oven and bake for 5-7 minutes then voila... Your garlic pitta bread for only 142 calories! I didn't take a very good picture but here is the end result! 


Another 10/10 from me! 

Laura. X

No comments:

Post a Comment