Wednesday 21 October 2015

Honey, Chilli and Lime Salmon

Tonight I decided to make one of my favourites! Honey, Chilli and Lime Salmon Fillet. I found this recipe a wee while ago whilst browsing on Pinterest for new dinner ideas. It's actually a slimming world recipe but also good for low calorie. 

Ingredients;
2 Salmon Fillets.
1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
1 Clove of Crushed Garlic.
Juice of a Lime.
2 Teaspoons of Honey (2 Syns)
Salt and Black Pepper.
Fry Light.

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.


I chose to use Tesco 2 Boneless Salmon Fillets (251 Calories) and for the marinade I used 2 teaspoons of Sweet Freedom Honey (13 calories per teaspoon), Juice of a whole Lime (20 calories), 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, Crushed Garlic and salt and pepper. I put all ingredients into a bowl and mixed it together, I then put the salmon into an oven proof dish, sprayed with some fry light then covered the salmon evenly with the marinade. I then put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and juicy. It is recommended that you check the salmon every five minutes and keep spooning the marinade over the salmon to keep the flavour.

This is my finished product;
I decided to serve my salmon with Asparagus and Cauliflower cous cous. Tesco currently have a new range of healthy foods in the vegetable section and I really enjoyed the cous cous, it's a better and healthier alternative to Rice. I had 60g of Asparagus at 12 calories and 105g of Cauliflower Cous Cous at 42 Calories. So a 351 calorie dinner and it's so so filling. Definitely recommended and will be making this dinner over and over again. 

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment